ALISON ANGOLD ACADEMY
BEAUTY & COMPLEMENTARY THERAPY TRAINING SCHOOL
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Your place on your chosen course is only secure once an initial payment has been received. You may choose to pay in instalments but the full cost MUST be paid at least 7 days before the start of your course. Please discuss with the academy if you would like to pay in instalments.
2. Once an initial payment is received, I will send you a receipt of payment and confirmation of your place on the course.
3. If full payment is not received by the start of the course, then you will lose your place on that course. Your place can be carried over to the next course (subject to availability), however this can only be done on one occasion. If you have not paid in full by the start of the next course, you will lose your place and any monies already paid.
4. If, under exceptional circumstances you start a course, without the full payment being received, your certificate will be withheld until full payment is made.
5. Once a course is booked and paid for, refunds will only be given under exceptional circumstances, with proof of reason required. It may be possible to defer to the next course, subject to availability. Refunds entirely depend on the reason and the decision of the academy is final.
6. Paying for and/or completing a course does not guarantee a qualification or certificate of achievement. Awards are gained by the successful completion of the criteria set out by the awarding bodies. The decision of the course principal is final in all cases.
7. Classes will start promptly at the published times, irrespective of whether all students are present. Classes will not be delayed to wait for latecomers, and teachers are not responsible for repeating work missed.
8. You must attend every day of your course. If you are unable to attend due to illness, you MUST have medical proof in order to be given a catch up day, or to attend the next course. If medical proof is not given then you will need to pay for extra days in order to catch up. If you are suffering from sickness, diarrhoea, or any contagious conditions you MUST NOT attend the academy. If you are going to be absent please contact me to let me know why and discuss your options. Reasons for missing days that are not considered exceptional circumstances are; personal problems, change of mind, pregnancy, failure to obtain a loan, visa etc, however this list is not exhaustive, and the academy’s decision, in this respect is final.
9. Students must wear full therapy uniform on each day of their course, unless told otherwise.
10. Students must work on each other during the course. This is non-negotiable and a vital part of the learning process.
11. Students are strongly encouraged not to bring any valuables, including jewellery into the academy. We cannot be held responsible in the event of any item being mislaid.
12. Students unable to understand or speak English will not be permitted to take part in practical sessions without the assistance of a suitably qualified interpreter. The interpreter must be arranged and at the expense of the student. However any oral questions asked by the centre to gain the qualification MUST be answered by the student, without the help of an interpreter.
13. If any student behaves inappropriately whilst at the centre, including cheating during an exam/assessment, damaging equipment, stealing, rude or abusive behaviour, they will be asked to leave immediately, and may not continue on the course.
14. Any personal information given during enrolment or whilst on the course is held securely under the Data protection Act 1998.
15. Should the awarding body, VTCT request that you attend the centre on a separate occasion to assess your work, it is compulsory that you do so.